Tuesday, December 31, 2002

cool browser alternatives

Tempted by the benefits of tabbed browsing {easy browser window switching, fewer occupants in the taskbar} and popup blocking features, I've started using Phoenix, a lightweight version of Mozilla. All I needed now was support for all those websites out there that were designed with the belief that "browser compatibility" was the same as "designed for Internet Explorer only". Phoenix has done a good job with the web pages I've visited so far.

Today, I got what I wanted: a tabbed browser with popup stopper integrating Opera's gestures and built atop the core of Internet Explorer. It's called Avant Browser. Pretty cool.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.