Sunday, June 19, 2005

north by northwest ... again [june 18, 2005]

Alfred Hitchcock's masterful combination of a wild screenplay, his favourite theme of the wrong man, and a cross-country run of locales never seems to offer anything short of an interesting viewing each time I watch it. Of course, each viewing is more educational than the last. I now know that I can look at that little kid covering his ears before Eve fires at Roger Thornhill. I can relish how Hitch effectively exploited Cary Grant's star persona for the role (how many directors can manage to do that so wonderfully?). And then one of us had strong memories of the desii ripoff Inaam Dus Hazaar (distinguished for me by the RDB soundtrack).

Elsewhere, my notes on Trainspotting and my thoughts on Death Wish show up ...

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.