Thursday, June 09, 2005

book tag

[with a strong sense of déjà vu]

I have to thank Gaurav for this re-direct. I also owe him some murderous looks and grimaces for cheating on the outbound list and restricting my options greatly.

Total Number of Books I Own: Despite my frugality in the matter of purchasing books in the US of A, my bookshelf and allied boxes contain something shy of 150 books. The bulk comprises books on film: technique, theory, and machinery (duh!). If I chose to include my collection back home in Pune, I'd clock something in the lower 400s.

Last book I bought: I haven't bought any books since I got back from my trip to Pune/India, so I'll clock up the book at the top of the stack from Pathfinder: Collected Plays by Mahesh Dattani.

Five Books That Mean a Lot to Me: This is like invoking a random number generator that produces truly random numbers (or, if you want a trite analogy, it's like a box of chocolates). My answers are likely to fluctuate between an empty list and a list that overlaps in part or whole with this list: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, ( the nihilistic cynicism reflects perfectly; and the goal of Project Mayhem resonates strongly with me), The Adventures of Dennis by Victor Dragunsky (this was something I received in High School as a prize for General Proficiency; I've read it so many times since then that it hurts to count; I wish I could be more articulate on why this one's important), The Great Indian Novel (got me hooked on Shashi Tharoor's writing, and I've found a lot of delight from watching one fragment of rich articulate thought follow another), The Sherlock Holmes canon by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (the binding that exists right now is home-grown; I wore the original out through repeated reading), A Kiss Before Dying (not only does Ira Levin's writing reveal a mastery of the form of the entertaining novel, but also this novel contains the only instance I know of a twist that is simply unfilmable).

Tag five people and have them do this on their blogs: Gaurav took more, I'll take 5. Sudarshan (here's another yummy opportunity), Samrat (the salacious[sic] angle of the BCQC),Hirak,Aditya (in return for all the interesting reading recommendations I've received),Godya.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.