Tuesday, July 13, 2004

the way of all music

The All Music Guide has been my favourite portal for popular music album and performer information. In the last couple of days, they just had a rhytidectomy, and now things are really in the pits. Why "really"? Well, they served their content off a Win2K IIS server to begin with. And now, the pages load up so slowly (and the searches crawl like dying snails!). When I hit the pages with Mozilla, I get a peek at the new interface with a badly placed notification (as if the misaligned images weren't a dead giveaway) that my browser wasn't supported and that the site had been optimized for Internet Explorer 5.5 and above on Windows. So I opened an Internet Explorer window, pointed the browser to the portal and what do I get? We apologize for the temporary connection delay.
Please click the refresh button on your browser.
. Sweet.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.