Wednesday, October 23, 2002

music ... and the rest of a movie

I took time out in the evening to visit my guitar instructor Rick Burgess and he generously let me sit in for his Jazz Improvisation class for the evening. The song du soir was So What, the first cut off Miles Davis' 1959 jazz classic Kind of Blue. Everything he said made so much more sense now for some reason. Perhaps it's because I've been listening to a lot more jazz than before. Perhaps it's because I'm listening to the Miles Davis Quintet, 1965-68: The Complete Columbia Studio Recordings.

Back home, I finished off my viewing of Arjun. This was not the Eros/B4U DVD, but an old "DVD Video" version, reflected by the lack of subtitles, a sparse menu (Play Movie, Song 1 Song 2, Song 3, Song4 ... yes I can see these guys doing the menus for Hum Aapke Hain Koun...) and some icky pixellation. In summation, though, they used a good source print (which must be expected for a 1985 film!). Once I get some time, I'll be able to type out my (unwelcome ?) comments on the film.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.