Friday, June 18, 2004

a peck on midtown

Not long after I caught Mani Ratnam's Kannathil Muthamittal during the 2004 Indian Film Festival at the High Museum, I see that my soon-to-be-top-pick theatre in town, Midtown Art Cinema, has begun an engagement for the same film. Although I am sure that the film had received international distribution when it was first released, this still marks one of the few rare instances of a mainstream Indian film notching a spot in the city's (yes, I'm sure it's more common in other parts of the US -- like CA, for instance) regular (read: not catering solely to desi product like Galaxy Cinema or Bollywood Cinema) theatres.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.