Friday, August 23, 2002

Dev Anand: Des Pardes

I started watching Des Pardes yesterday. As I noted before it's been regarded as his best work. I am inclined to agree based on what I saw thus far. Which is not saying much about his abilities as a self-indulgent solopsistic filmmaker/actor who restricts his on-screen acting histrionics to a limited set of gestures from epileptic simian sign language. Music director Rajesh Roshan sounds like his good self, just the right mix between simple lightly embelished asthayis and experimentall wavering antaras. I have very fragmented memories of the film, so I'll have to wait to watch the whole thing before doing another take on it, but knowing Mr. Anand I believe I'm entitled to at least a couple of minutes of on-screen howlers.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.