Thursday, September 22, 2005

raj kamal is no more aka the gross injustice of modern times

It all started with a post on RMIM. The subject "Rajkamal is no more." "Ridiculous!" is my first reaction. And then I realise I know nothing about the entity responsible for wonderful soundtracks like Chashm-e-Baddoor, Saawan ko Aane Do, Katha and Payal ki Jhankar (straight from memory, so it's possible that I missed a famous release). Then there was the contribution to Saaz (although Yashwant Deo and Zakir Hussain scored more points with their contributions). Googling got me no news items, no articles. Zilch! That was two days ago. Today, a small blurb on the Filmfare online portal showed up. He was 67! RIP.

Which allows me to segue to introducing a blog on interesting movies (thanks to some visitor stats): Parallel Cinema. The reason for the sequitur: a post on Chashm-e-Baddoor. Extra points for an entry on Salim Langde Pe Mat Ro.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.