Friday, April 30, 2010

a denial of self and other croutons

Amogh points me to a TOI blog post dedicated to an incident featuring a passport office in India refusing the accept a passport it issued as valid proof of identification.

In the year 2011, Bollywood will likely see a new face making her début. The name's Manasvi Mamgai and she's just been crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2010 (which means she gets to represent India in October's Miss World contest). That last name, despite being interesting, will probably not make it to the marquee.

If you believeust the headlines of articles you would think Udita Goswami was truly confused. On one hand, she insists I am not here to please anyone and on the other she says I won't disappoint my fans (the stock photograph accompanying the article seems to reinforce this claim). When she finally tells you what kind of films she really wants to do, you know there's trouble:

I wouldn't want to play a glamourous, sexy role now. It's just by chance that I got these kind of roles after my first movie. But now, I am looking forward to doing a happy role, where I can just be myself and enjoy myself. I want to play a girl my own age, who loves to have fun. I am looking forward to doing a movie where I get to see happy people on the sets. I really want to do a romantic comedy

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.