Friday, July 26, 2002

Radio Gaga

Having an online music stream running as you work takes care of filling the silences that you are prone to notice every now and then as you break out of the 'work-at-hand' state of mind (NOTE: most of this applies to people at their desks. If you are on the move, you barely have time to latch on to anything in the atmosphere). It also creates avenues for discovering new/old bands. Sweet Emotion sent me making a note about catching up on Aerosmith with Toys in the Attic, Rocks and Pump. As is obvious from the links I have for each of these, I have a browser window open as I track the songs and the singers, especially if it's a song I've heard countless times before (note clichéd phrase there). Just nailed another radio staple: Rock n' Me by Steve Miller. The opening words are terribly ironic:

Well, I been lookin' real hard and I'm tryin' to find a job

But it just keeps gettin' tougher every day
.

Thanks Steve.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.