Friday, March 24, 2006

salmania {link courtesy: Sudarshan}

In 2003, someone called Aparna Kalra wrote a piece in the TOI hailing the human side of Salman Khan. This was when Salman Khan's kitty of accomplishments included his violent relationship with Aishwarya Rai, vehicular homicide and being a bane for black bucks.

Flash forward to the present. The Indian legal system, legendary for its pace, integrity and efficiency, finally came through in February 17, 2006, with a 1-year sentence and a fine of Rs. 5000 (I don't even have to convert that thing to $$ to demonstrate how contemptibly paltry it is). Predictably, he got a reprieve. Meanwhile, his popularity continues to grow. His next release Jaaneman's set to hit the record books for offers for distribution rights reported between 7.5 and 8 crores (rupees). And then we have another sucky salvo. This time the Indian Express takes up the baton from the TOI. This time it's a letter from a Salman fan called Sabaa Jabin, who deserves some serious mental help. It's titled To my dearest Salman (duh!). A chilling extract:


Salman, whenever I see you, deep in my heart Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and I keep asking myself Hum Aapke Hain Koun! My heart answers that you are the one Dil Ne Jise Apna Kaha. I must tell you this-Dil Tera Aashiq and its Sirrf Tum that my heart beats. When I saw you the first time I was Stumped. There's only Khamoshi on my lips now while my heart screams for my Saajan. I also feel Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Chori Chori Chupke Chupke we have tied up this sweet Bandhan. Janam Samjha Karo, that Maine Pyar Kiya and I have dedicated my life Tere Naam. How I wish you would ask me Mujhse Shaadi Karogi? Then I could become your Biwi No.1. Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam and its [sic] true Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge. I love you Salman, Kyon Ki you are the best.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.