Wednesday, March 26, 2003

yahoo! hack

About 30 minutes ago, a friend told me about a fake Yahoo! login page (removed as I write this) that captured login names and passwords from unsuspecting users and then proceeded to mess with their accounts. He just received a response from the hosts of the domain 7host.com (who, by the way, are running Microsoft-IIS/5.0 on Windows 2000) saying that they had banned this site and that they appreciated his advice. A little tracerouting told us that this was an Atlanta-based host. Some excitement for the day (The weather is glorious by the way, although I think it's a little too hot -- which means I've lost my Indian immunity and resilience to extreme summers. Weep).

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.