Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Yuva/Ayutha Ezhuthu

What more can I say given JR's extensive take on all things about this latest Mani/ARR collab? I cringe at Esha Deol being in not one but both versions. As always Mani saar gets strong notes in the looks and feels department (Abhishek Bachchan's look, Madhavan's look). Should I be unfairly premature in noting that I don't expect much from this (again)? ARR's songs reek of staleness. He hasn't been able to get back to the glories of Thiruda Thiruda, which was (for me) the last good complete soundtrack that came out of this collaboration ... Of course the little bit of club jazz is cool, some of the refrains are cool too. But cool ain't getting you much.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.