Friday, December 27, 2002

I knew it ... I knew it ... (aka or did I?)

Training Day had all the markings of a good source for the Bollywood ripoff machine. The latest buzz has it that Anil Kapoor is all set to portray a "cop with a difference" aka "a loutish law enforcer" in Anurag Kashyap's yet-untitled second film. I could be wrong, but I smell Alonzo Harris all over this.

Kashyap's career has been interesting. His ambitious low-key début Paanch (with some rock-riff-laden cool tunes from Vishal Bhardwaj for some occasionally pedestrian/situational lyrics), about 5 dudes out to form a rock band and make a difference, got stuck in controversy and still hasn't seen the light of day. This is rather distressing for the talented co-writer on Satya and Kaun.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.