Thursday, December 19, 2002

puri nostalgia

Desi dinner at the Udipi Café. I ordered a puri bhaji, since I don't crave dosas as much as most people do ... It's when the order arrived (along with several orders of chana batura ... aah those air-filled cushions of dough) that I realized how long it had been since I had a puri. And it wasn't greasy either (same for the other orders). I always believed the people at the Café were a mafia -- subtely staring at you and observing you. They're getting better at that ... although I caught a few careless glances. Aside from that, and the rather rundown strip it's located in, this is a good place to eat. {another review}

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.