Monday, January 23, 2006

1/8W+(D-d) 3/8xTQ MxNA

I wake up today morning [that's Monday, January 23, 2006 0630 EST] to grey skies, short spurts of mild wind, incessant medium-well-done rain, and a dip in the mercury (a far cry from Wisconsin, Madison, though, but it's hardly a consolation). Dark, gloomy, dreary. I must inform those not in Atlanta about the rain/traffic symbiosis in this sprawlopolis -- the moment it begins to rain, people driving cars (an overwhelming number) go nuts ... interstates and inner roads get choked thanks to accidents, hasty waste-laying douchebags, badly synchronised traffic lights at their best, dysfunctional traffic lights, impatient nitwits (wait, I already covered that). And it only gets worse as the rain gets heavier. So there are fewer people in the office. Fewer than even the Monday trickle. Not really complaining. I'd like to just pass out. Give me some brightness, as long as it's not the artificial white light strobing away at my half-red eyes.

And they tell me this was going to be the most depressing day of the year. And they even have a mathematical expression for it {as they did last year too}. I wouldn't have guessed.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.