Monday, May 13, 2002

Athens, GA: Classic City: I guess I'll never live down my move from Athens, GA to Atlanta, GA. There are still strong reasons to justify the move, but I left behind a nice little happening town. The virtues of a small town far outnumber those of a large vibrant city. Accessibility, familiarity, and on an oblique note, a better school library. Wish I had switched to the fine arts while I still had the chance. Wrestling in a technological milieu when your alter ego is a burgeoning luddite isn't very pleasant. But I would be pleased to recommend the city to anyone. For a nice nutshell view of what the birthplace of the B-52s and REM has to offer (besides the stark absence of a chain-store-laden downtown), check out 36 hours in Athens, GA.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.